Thursday 30 October 2014

Nerdy Review : Naturals by Watsons Argan Oil Shampoo



This shampoo claims to repair damaged hair and maintain the moisture balance of your hair, leaving it clean and more manageable. 5 in 1 formula : Nourish, Detangle, Smooth Frizz, Damage Repair and Strengthen. After using this shampoo for a week now, I can finally provide my view and thoughts on this product.

The reason why I purchased this was because of the fact that Luxola doesn't ship L'Oreal EverSleek to Malaysia anymore and Watsons Malaysia took it off the shelf months back. Basically, access to my favorite product was really limited. So I was determined to find a substitute for my holy grail shampoo. The Naturals range of products from Watsons doesn't contain Parabens, Mineral Oil, Silicone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Colorant, which is very similar to the L'Oreal EverSleek. Hair doesn't feel as smooth but I feel better without those ingredients.

In the shower, this shampoo lathers up nicely. It has a faint citrus-y lemony scent which I don't really fancy but it doesn't bother me much. In the rinse, hair feels straight and tangle free. Hair and scalp feels squeaky clean but not drying at all. And surprisingly after I shower, hair air dries faster than before!

Now to the main part of the review. How does it feel and look like when hair its totally dry? Hair feels lightweight and strong. Besides, hair doesn't get greasy easily as well. +1 brownie point :) Overall, hair looks slightly more airy and voluminous than before. Good news for people with flat and heavy hair but for me its a little too much.

Why didn't I rate this as high as my EverSleek? It's because my hair doesn't look as 'tamed' as what it used to be. Hair started to look slightly frizzy & messy by the end of the day. It could also be that my hair is getting longer and needs to be trimmed haha :/

This is not at all a bad product. It is close enough to my L'Oreal EverSleek but not as good. I will continue to use this shampoo until I can get my hands on EverSleek. Everything is fine, just that it doesn't keep my frizz at bay as long as I want it to.

                     EverSleek   Watsons Argan Oil
Price(Rm)           29.90              21.90
Volume(ml)          250               490


Hey lovelies, Real Life Nerd has moved to www.vivienekok.com. We think you will love it. 
See you there :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment