Thursday 9 October 2014

Nerdy Base Makeup Brushes Used : Product Review

In whichever aspect of life, a good and solid foundation will lead to better everything. And in my books, the same goes to makeup application. Whatever lip color you're wearing or eye look you're going for, the result will largely depend on how your skin looks.





Today I will be talking about 2 brushes that I love which are the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Zoeva Silk Finish Foundation Brush.





For the past year, I have been using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply my base makeup. This brush has a slight hourglass shaped handle, fully packed bristles and comes with a dome shaped brush head. As amateur as it sounds, I used to use this brush with my Revlon 24 hour full coverage foundation to cover up my acne marks. NOW THAT'S CALLED CAKE FACE.

Haha! A big no no! Such agony but after trial and error, I found out that this brush works best with foundation with a liquid-er texture. Overall a good brush to be used with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation or the Bourjois CC Cream that I'm loving right now.

The only downside to this brush is that the application gets streaky after 2-3 uses. Definitely requires frequent washes. Plus, it doesn't wash as easily as the brush that I will be mentioning later.

I bought mine at Boots in London for £10.99. It can be found on Shins.com. Or, the better way would be from Luxola.com as the price is much cheaper and they always have discount codes hanging around.





Now finally, the brush that I have been using non-stop since I bought it in May! A good 5 months is more than enough for me to provide my full opinion and verdict.

This Zoeva Silk Finish Foundation brush has a thicker handle which makes it easier to be gripped on to. Bristles are also slightly longer and softer than the Real techniques Expert Face Brush. Which also means that application takes lesser time in comparison. Thumbs up! Because ain't nobody got time for that.

This brush does not give a full coverage. I would say it gives me a light-to-medium coverage which is good enough for daily wear. Blemish marks on my face still peeks through my foundation. It doesn't bother me that much anymore because its a part of who I am. Most importantly, my complexion looks even and glowy :)

In terms of the brush cleaning process, the bristles wash very easily and the drying time is also shorter in comparison to the Expert face Brush.

Nerdy Conclusion:
If I have to pick 1 among the 2 brushes, I would go for Zoeva Silk Finish Foundation Brush. Partially because its more versatile and if I were to get a new foundation in the future, I believe it will work wonders too. But most importantly, I love the natural coverage it gives.

The inner beauty nerd in me is bugging me to try out a new brush! Currently eye-ing on Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Copper. Wishlist it maybe? ^_^



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment